Written By Janet M Taylor
When we think of home improvement some of the things that come to our mind is the cost, the contractors and the length of the project. I have 15 simple solutions that will help you organize your home without the cost of contractors and can be done in a couple of hours.
- Use a variety of organizers to store belts, scarves and other accessories
- Use shelves to store sweaters and tee shirts
- Store shoes on racks or in shoe boxes
- Fold bed linens sets as a unit
- Stack linens by room
- Roll your towels to save space
- Use containers to store small items ( flash lights, batteries, chargers)
- Use shoe racks to organize shoes that are kept near entrance
- Place hats, gloves and scarves in bins or baskets
Kitchen Cabinet Storage
- Mount hooks underneath inside shelf to hang cups
- Attach an organizer on the inside of a cabinet door to store sponges, rubber gloves, etc.
- Use a lazy Susan in an awkward corner to maximize space
Under the bed
- Use storage boxes on wheels to utilize space underneath the bed to store linens or seasonal clothes.
- Designate a shelf for items such as hair care, first aid items, skin and body care.
- Periodically check the expiration date on all items in medicine cabinet
Janet M. Taylor is a professional organizer, speaker and author with over 20 years of experience helping people get organized. If you are ready to get your life totally organized visit her website at www.janetmtaylor.com